FHNY is committed to hosting a green event. Thanks to the SC Education Lottery, FHNY has been able to keep recycling as a key focus for FHNY. Hundreds of pounds of recycling was collected at FHNY and we expect more this year.
While responsibility for managing recycling stations fell mostly to our volunteers, multiple organizations participated in preparing and executing the plan. We will carry forward those practices that were successful to FHNY.
Organizations included in the process:
Elements of the plan that will be included in FHNY:
1. All food vendors use recycled or recyclable food service products (cups, plates, napkins).
2. No Styrofoam.
3. Clearly marked, clear stream recycling bins placed next to every trash can.
4. Recycling bins for each type of recyclable material adjacent to each food and beverage area.
5. Recycling receptacles managed to avoid overflow.
6. Partners and volunteers will deliver recycling to appropriate city-managed containers in designated off-footprint areas.
7. Stage personalities including artists asked to remind people to recycle.
FHNY is dedicated to improve its expertise and dedicate this celebration to sustainability of the Midlands.