FHNY is committed to hosting a green event. Thanks to the SC Education Lottery, FHNY has been able to keep recycling as a key focus for FHNY. Hundreds of pounds of recycling was collected at FHNY last year and we expect to collect even more this year.
FHNY volunteers and multiple organizations participate in preparing and executing our recycling plan.
Organizations included in the process:
Elements of the plan that will be included in FHNY:
1. All food vendors use recycled or recyclable food service products (cups, plates, napkins).
2. No Styrofoam.
3. Clearly marked, clear stream recycling bins placed next to every trash can.
4. Recycling bins for each type of recyclable material adjacent to each food and beverage area.
5. Recycling receptacles managed to avoid overflow.
6. Partners and volunteers will deliver recycling to appropriate city-managed containers in designated off-footprint areas.
7. Stage personalities including artists asked to remind people to recycle.
FHNY is dedicated to improve its expertise and dedicate this celebration to the sustainability of the Midlands.